Monday, September 9, 2013

91 Day DeClutter - Kids Room 1


 This week for the 91 Day De-Clutter Challenge we are working in "Kids Room 1" I thought I would start with my son who is 7! He just started 2nd grade a month ago, so now is the perfect time to get his room a little more organized! Since he is not home all day, it is more likely to stay clean! He did help! The photo up above tells what all he got rid of. A box full of "wall tracks", stack of books, 3 bags of trash, a pair of shoes and a few other odds and ends that he did not want anymore!





 His closet was not too bad when we first started. It just needed a little more organization and it was done! Took about 10 minutes including asking if he wanted a few things that were in the book shelf.

                                                                     
           
I had pulled all the bedding off and start them in the wash (before photo) he had a pile of clothes that needed put away. But the biggest difference in these photos is the stuff he had shoved in his space on the head board. Most of it was papers and things that ended up going in the trash.
  
This area is right where is door way is. I could not stand that it was all piling up and everything was just shoved in bins. We dumped the bins and figured out the things he no longer wanted, then we organized them with what was left over. Now it is neatly up against the wall, and he knows where everything is located!

Now this wall just makes me very annoyed! He had a wall tracks set that he no longer wanted. When we started removing the command strips on the back of the tracks it was lifting up the paint!!! I thought these things were supposed to come off "CLEAN"??? Anyone else ever have this happen? Now he needs his room painted again!  


He has a ledge right under his window, it was plum full of lego stuff and just a bunch of stuff that did not really need to be up there. So he took the legos off and we cleaned the ledge and he only kept a few things to "display" like the trucks and his awards! I am still shocked at how much stuff he had in his room. I am happy that he made the choices on what to keep and what to toss! After we finished he just kept telling us how clean his room was and how nice it looked! Hopefully with a little less stuff it will be a little easier to keep clean!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I had my 5-yr-old daughter help clean up her room earlier this summer. She got to decide on some things what to keep and what she didn't play with anymore (or ever!). She's got one of the areas kind of messy again so will do that while she's at school this week. I think it's very important to let older kids help decide what to keep/toss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much easier when they are helping! Then I do not have to second guess my self when I ask if he still plays with something. My little girl is 2 and she still wants to keep EVERYTHING, so I am sure I will have a way different post for her room! :)

      Delete