Saturday, February 25, 2017

Up-cycled Kitchen Island


Hey everyone, hope your weekend was off to a great start! I wanted to stop in and share (I mean BRAG) about my hubby! He truly is an amazing guy, always working hard and trying to do good for his family! If you are new to my blog (Welcome) you may not know much about us, or our home! My husband has lived in our home for 12+ years...he was young (in college) when he purchased it! I've lived here for about 6 1/2 years....and its been a work in progress! My husband has done almost all of the updates and renovations on the house, and he has done an AMAZING job...if you ask me! You can click through some of my older posts to see some of the updates we have done!

This last summer I ran across this kitchen Island on a local Facebook Sales group, as you can tell it was in pretty rough shape! I was able to pick it up for $30!!! That's a huge score...something similar can easily be priced at $200+! I wasn't willing to pay more then $50, so I was beyond happy paying $30! I told my husband what I envisioned the end result looking like! I told him I wanted the bottom to be white, and a dark stain on the butcher block (top) and I knew I wanted to find farmhouse style knobs and baskets!








I had wiped it down and really tried to scrub off these stains, but they were pretty set in. My husband ended up sanding down the entire thing.
















He than painted the bottom white, using extra paint we had lying around! He stained the top a dark, black color, and I absolutely love how it turned out! Once he finished the painting and staining the rest was really up to me to complete it!











I was able to find the baskets on walmart.com and the knobs at hobby lobby (for 50% off). If you have been looking for items like this here is a similar set of BASKETS and COW KNOBS on amazon! Isn't it beautiful?? It adds a ton of storage to our kitchen too! Since taking this photo we have updated our floors, I will have to do a kitchen reveal soon! If you enjoyed this post and liked what my husband did to this kitchen island, please leave him a comment letting him know! (I'm sure he'd enjoy knowing he did a great job from someone other than me) Thanks for stopping by today, come back soon to see what else we are up to :)
xoxo -Kaila



No comments:

Post a Comment