Thursday, June 13, 2013

It sold for HOW MUCH?

 If you read yesterdays post then you know that I have been doing some cleaning! I found lots of things this weekend that made me remember my past, before kids! I used to play softball, and I loved it! It was literally my life, and then I got pregnant with my son at a very young age and had to give it up! At first that was hard, and I was sad and very mad that I was giving up something I loved and knew would take me far one day (college)! At the time I might not have known this, but now as I am looking back, giving up softball allowed so many more things and places I thought were not going to be very fun! I mean who thinks changing diapers and waking up in the middle of the night several times is fun?? But  now that my son is a baby...I wish I could go back and give it all up again just so I could hold that sweet baby boy! Now he is 7...and doesn't let me do much holding! When I found my bat bag this weekend I took everything out and asked myself if I ever see myself playing again?? Well I don't ...at least not anytime soon! Which is fine, and I am okay with not playing again...but I have been holding onto this bat bag for 9 Years!!! I have used the stuff ONE time when hubby and I first met, we got together with friends and did some batting practice! One time in 9 years this stuff has been used...I need to let it go...so I took everything out and kept one thing...My glove...any true softball/baseball player will tell you how hard it is to play with a stiff glove...so if one day I ever do play again...I want to have a already broke in glove to use...Now the other stuff...is easy to replace...I sold my cleats on eBay a couple months back for $50...and my bats I just sold for $30! The helmet I just sold for $4.00. When I listed them on a Facebook auction page I didn't think I would get a $1.00 (the price they started at) for the used equipment...boy was I wrong...Softball is a pricy sport (I'm sure all sports are) so when people see a good deal on equipment they go crazy! I am glad it is out of the house...and that some other kids are getting to enjoy them!


 I listed this Harley Davidson clock last Friday on eBay and sold it on Tuesday for $25.00...It was covered in dust and taking up space in our basement! I saw one other listed for $40 and it had been listed twice and not sold...I priced mine a little lower...and it sold right away!

I also found these men house shoes in my office and listed them of Facebook...They sold for $3.00. They were brand new and I could have got more money out of them...but guess what...I don't care, because that is not the goal here...The goal is to get this house cleaned out and have less stuff to deal with...and if I make a $1 or $30 then great! As long as it gets out of the house!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you search your "town" + Auction For Sale then it should pull up a list of pages/groups that you can sell on. It's not really a set page for everyone...someone in my town created it and everyone just adds their friends and it grows....I have made a lot of money selling on the page I use.

      Delete