Saturday, November 10, 2012

Wrapping Paper, Tissue Paper and Gift Bags

Do you have a million gift bags like me? And tons of tissue paper, and wrapping paper for every gift possible?? I had two large bags filled with bags and tissue paper, then I had a box with wrapping paper and it was just a mess! 

 Look at how much space this was taking up! I had the paper in our upstairs closet and the bags were downstairs in the family room. Not very functional, if we needed to wrap/bag a gift in a hurry. I started looking around for new ideas on how to store these things. In my "dream" world I would have a craft room and have it look like it came out of a magazine...and well, for most that is not an option right now! I did not want to spend any money, but still wanted everything contained in one spot! 
 Someone had told me they used a plastic trash can to hold all their gift supplies. I did not have a trash can, however I had the laundry hamper that was in my master closet, now taking up space in the laundry room. So I took the top off (used a screw driver, to remove it). Then I sorted all the bags into "like" piles. Boy bags, Girl Bags, Baby bags, Valentine's Day bags, Christmas Bags, and regular Birthday bags. Then I put them into the hamper, and put the wrapping paper on the sides of the bags. I also folded my tissue paper with like colors, and made it a little less messy. And here is the end result! 
This looks so much better, and now it is all in one place. The best part is it cost $0, and it saved me from throwing this hamper in the trash! It is easy to pick up and take to another room, if I have a bunch of stuff that need fixed up. Or I can grab the one item I need if I only have one gift! Now is the perfect time to get your gift stuff organized, ready for Christmas! How do you store your wrapping supplies? 

1 comment: