Saturday, October 13, 2012

Master Bedroom Before and After

Oh boy, where to do I begin? First off I am embarrassed by the disaster I had in my room! Do I have to show you the pictures? I just want to pretend that my "after" photos are what it looked like before!! It was a dumping ground, and things that should not have ever been taking into that room where in there, everywhere! 
 If your room looks like this, then you need to join in and do a big clean up! I started at the night stands. My daughter seems to think this is her climbing wall, so we are now trying to break that habit, and keep them clean and neat at all times! In the cleaning book I purchased the other day, it had a little side note, " Every morning pick up anything that does not belong in the room! Put it where it does belong" I think I am going to try and follow that! While cleaning on the side tables and under the bed I noticed that there were a ton of magazines and books, and not enough space. I recycled magazines that I no longer needed/wanted. I have been wanting to get some nice magazine holders for the bedroom, since our daughter also likes to throw them on the floor! Well right now it is not in the budget to go buy a ton of organizational items, so why not make them! I am a big fan of DIY!! I took some boxes I had from the post office, and made some nice magazine holders. 

 These were the Medium Priority Flat Rate boxes from the USPS. This was the longer sized one. I took the magazine holder I had in the bathroom (see Under the Bathroom Sink Post) and traced my outline. Then I cut. I did not have any nice fabric like I used in the closet bins, so I used some nice wrapping paper. It has the words Mr.&Mrs. and is super cute. It was this or holiday, princess, or transformers wrapping paper. Those would have looked silly in my master room! I covered them in the paper, and there ya go! That's it, a DIY magazine holder. I have seen other people use cereal boxes, but I personally wanted something a little thicker and more durable than the cereal box. I finished cleaning, and got everything finished and this was what I was left with...
What do you think? I am very pleased with my work! I was also very tired, and could not wait to jump into that cozy bed! 

This was my first attempt at using "Pic monkey" do you like it, or would you prefer to see each photo individually like posted on other posts from my blog?

1 comment: