Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fresh Pumpkin





Do you like pumpkin pie? Or maybe something made with pumpkin? I do, however I do not like the price I have to pay for 1 can of Pumpkin! So what did we do?? On the last day to go to the pumpkin patch, we went and found some really good pumpkins...13 to be exact! We used two for carving, and the rest we are turning into Pumpkin Mush! ;) The best part is each pumpkin was $1, and we have a ton of pumpkin that we can use the rest of this year, and next!
First you need to pick a pumpkin...or two...or 13....Then you cut the top off, and slice it like a watermelon. Clean the seeds and guts off, and put it on a baking sheet. Bake it in the oven on 350 for about 30-45 minutes or until it is tender! 
Then let it cool, and cut or peel the skins off. Put the pumpkin chunks into the blender (I used a ninja) or food processor. Then it will look like baby food! ;)
Then I just measured out 4 cups/ bag and laid it flat, stick in freezer and use when needed! For thanks giving I will pull a few bags out and follow a pumpkin pie recipe and just add seasoning and other things needed to make a fresh pie! So much cheaper, and it will taste way better! Now if you have a good pumpkin recipe, please share it in a comment, other wise I will be eating pumpkin pie for a year!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment